Now that 2021 is underway, DJ Times is hiring 2-3 interns to serve as digital contributors. (Yes, bylines in the magazine are possible.)
This internship is perfect for passionate individuals looking to get the foot in the door on their way to pursuing a career in the world of electronic dance music.
Founded back in 1988, DJ Times is America’s first magazine for professional DJs. Every month DJs, producers, and dance music fans turn to DJ Times as their primary source for artist interviews, product information, business tips, music, news, and more.
As a writer at DJ Times, you will be working directly with our assistant editor writing posts covering daily news, track posts, and events. We are only looking for dedicated team members, so please do not apply unless you can commit at least 10 hours of your time per week. Candidates must be currently enrolled in college.
If you’re a strong, experienced writer with a love for electronic music, please take a look at the open opportunity below. Please note that the position is currently an unpaid internship with longer-term potential for paid opportunities.
– College credit (Must provide documentation from school that you will be receiving college credit for internship)
– Passionate and have a deep understanding of DJ culture and electronic dance music
– Excellent verbal and written skills/phone etiquette and communication skills
– Prior journalism experience at a digital/print music publication are a plus
– Work well under pressure while maintaining close attention to detail and organization
– Ability to work against tight timelines is a must
– Typical commitment is 10-14 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
– Work remotely
Qualified applicants looking to join the team, please send resume + writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.