Serving as the third and final installation of his Ultraviolet EP series, the techno titan looks to dominate dancefloors with three thumping productions showcasing his versatility as a producer.
While his latest body of work is hot off the presses, the Irish-bred talent has shared his five essential tips to cooking up hard-hitting techno in our latest exclusive. Check them out below!
1. One of the biggest things I see electronic musicians struggle with is musicality in key, I highly recommend putting a scale midi device in your chain first thing, and learn music theory that way eventually.
2. Dead simple is always stronger, so many times I’ve seen good synth lines get over produced and washed out by other sounds, most of my favorite tracks have one big sound as a theme, and it’s presented clearly and cleanly.
3. Give yourself some parameters, limit your style to certain sounds and atmospheres you truly like, this will definitely help define your sound.
4. Make music in your head, not just to copy what’s in the charts.
5. Find just 2/3 great plugins at a time, and learn them inside out- not 100 and barely scratch the surface of their potential.
To check out more studio tips, click here.
DJ Times Magazine is copyright © 2019 by DJ Publishing, Inc. www.djtimes.com