The word is finally out, RANE has announced the next evolution of DJ battle tools coming in the form of MKII versions of their iconic Seventy-Two mixer and Twelve controller!
Easily considered one of the most anticipated RANE releases in quite some time, the revitalized one-two punch features a much-requested external crossfader tension adjuster to the Rane Seventy-Two MkII mixer while the Rane Twelve MkII expands DJ software platform controls to include Traktor and Virtual DJ as well as Serato DJ Pro.
The Seventy-Two MKII:
– (NEW) 3 MAG FOUR faders with reverse, contour and cut-in adjustment *
– (NEW) External and internal crossfader tension adjust controls
– (NEW) Toggle Instant Double / Silent Cue / Sync Controls *
– (NEW) Dual DVS inputs – Aux or Phono/CD *
– Solid steel construction for non-stop, heavy-duty use
– 4.3” Touchscreen for moving wave display, FX control, song selection and user customizations
– Dual Flex FX engines, one for each channel
– Advanced Serato control: chain-integrated Software Effect plus one internal Flex Effect per channel
– Dual USB connections for DJ handoffs
– 16 Akai MPC-style performance pads, independent mode controls per deck.
– Two microphone inputs – combo Neutrik, on/off, tone, mic/line level switches
– RCA session Inputs/outputs, balanced XLR, Main Out, balanced 1?4”, Booth Out
– USB controller inputs
– Serato DJ Pro DVS license, Pitch n Time plus Serato DVS Vinyl included
The Twelve MKII:
– DVS/USB MIDI Control for Serato DJ Pro, Traktor, and Virtual DJ
– OLED Screen, Control Selection & BPM display
– Navigation control: Scroll/Load, Back & Instant Doubles
– Plunger-style Start/Stop button
– Full 12″ motorized platter to control playback
– Traditional, familiar turntable layout
– Dual Mode Strip: Track Search and 8 Hot Cue triggers
– 5.0 kfcm high-roque motor with Hi/Low torque adjust for more traditional setups
– 4 decks of controls
– 3,600 tickets of platter resolution for precision & seamless performance
– MIDI interface via USB that can connect to the Seventy-Two MKII or your computer
– RCA output for DVS audio signals
– 33 1/3 and 45 rpm platter speeds
– 8/16/50% pitch with precise dual resolution slider
– Top panel rotary and traditional Motor Off switch for traditional wind-down effects
For more information regarding the Seventy-Two MKII and Twelve MKII, click here.
To check out more tech news, click here.
DJ Times Magazine is copyright © 2020 by DJ Publishing, Inc. www.djtimes.com