Always when to think outside the box when it comes to live production, deadmau5 has unveiled OSC/PILOT making it available to the public. This application was used for years by deadmau5 on tour as his control surface for shows.
OSC/PILOT is a bi-directional control surface application originally built as a performance tool that allows digital audio and visual artists to control the content of any space with data from any other space.
Deadmau5 explains, “OSC/PILOT has been in development since October 2013 and I’ve been field testing and using it in shows since that time. It’s a vital component to our live production, both on stage and front of house.”
Features for OSC/PILOT:
Make beautiful UIs in minutes
– Simple drag interface means laying out a new UI takes no time at all.
– Multiple workspaces allow for different UIs to be used from within one project.
– Multi-Touch fully supported. Drive the UI with as many fingers as your touch display supports.
Supports sending and receiving OSC (Open Sound Control) data
– Send OSC data to control other applications and devices that support OSC
– Control visual applications such as TouchDesigner, vvvv, Resolume, VDMX, Notch etc.
– Receive OSC data from external sources to drive the content currently shown in the UI
Supports sending MIDI.
– Connect to devices directly plugged into the computer
– Send MIDI to other computers and applications using network MIDI tools.
– Control Ableton Live, bitwig and other audio applications using your own custom UI.
OSC/PILOT is now available for purchase at oscpilot.com.
To check out more tech news, click here.
DJ Times Magazine is copyright © 2020 by DJ Publishing, Inc. www.djtimes.com